December 3, 2009

Weighing In: Going "Four" It

Every Monday for the last two and a half years I have "started over". I think to myself, This will be the week that I start to lose weight. This will be the week that I make the change. This will be the beginning of the new me. And I always got the same result... I can work out on the treadmill for three days. Or eat the right foods for three days. After three days, I'm done. I get caught up in laundry or paperwork or a TV program or the many, many things that cause stress in my life. I can never get past the three day mark.

I'm trying something different. A "Two Week Total Body Turnaround".

Wait, did I just hear someone chuckle? Only a stupid person would think you can turn obesity around in two weeks.

Trust me, I am not stupid. However, I am counting calories and working out for an hour each night.

Did I say an hour?

Yes, I said an hour.

An entire sixty minutes.

Devoted to myself.

Yes, me.

Super Mommy.

I find it hard to believe, too.

But...

This time. This week. This chance. This begninning. I am going to make it four days. Because I can. Because I have what it takes within me. Because I deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment